FIT Food 4U is all about saving the planet and going as green as we can to do our bit for the environment! We are going to be doing our part by dropping our plastic lids and replacing them with a cardboard sleeve.
There are three key factors when thinking about how to recycle – The 3 R’s:
Reduce | Reuse | Recycle
Recycling is very important as waste has a huge negative impact on the natural environment. Harmful chemicals and greenhouse gasses are released from rubbish in landfill sites. Recycling helps to reduce the pollution caused by waste.
Habitat destruction and global warming are some the effects caused by deforestation. Recycling reduces the need for raw materials so that the rainforests can be preserved.
Huge amounts of energy are used when making products from raw materials. Recycling requires much less energy and therefore helps to preserve natural resources.
Reuse Our Containers
How you can reuse our Fit Food 4U containers:
- Plant Seedlings with cotton wool until the seedling are big enough to be transplanted in your garden.
- Reuse our soup/snack containers for your personal snack storage in your refrigerator or cupboard.
- Recycle empty juice and smoothie bottles into bird feeders
Recycling Is Important
Recycling is one of the best ways for you to have a positive impact on the world in which we live. Recycling is important to both the natural environment and us. We must act fast as the amount of waste we create is increasing all the time.
The amount of rubbish we create is constantly increasing because:
- Increasing wealth means that people are buying more products and ultimately creating more waste.
- Increasing population means that there are more people on the planet to create waste.
- New lifestyle changes, such as eating fast food, means that we create additional waste that isn’t biodegradable.